Patterns Coming Soon!


Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:01 PM

I am working on a Free pattern for you and I'm also trying to translate the directions (from Portuguese!) for this cute bag originally shown here - Click here

Forget trying to translate! Arggh! So I'm sort of winging it, but the Graph for the pattern is here: Graph

I have the bag and the ruffling done, but now I'm going to try to make the shoulder straps. Hopefully this weekend I can get it all written down for you!

UPDATE:
I've done the bag!






(in a hideous shade of Red, because really, I was just practicing!)
I am working on another bag in a color that's easy on the eyes and taking photos for you. I will post it soon.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Patterns Coming Soon!”

  1. # Blogger westie-mom

    I don't crochet but that is so cute!  

  2. # Blogger Annie Bean

    Hi K! How you doing? can I add you to my blogroll?  

  3. # Blogger BellaKarma

    I L.O.V.E. this bag -- especially the color! =)  

  4. # Blogger ~jolene

    Just glancing at your blog while at work...BellaKarma (my kid!) told me your crochet ROCKS and now I see why!!! Love your work!!!  

  5. # Blogger Annie Bean

    I'm kinda liking the red now. But the one I'm making for myself is tweedy browns tans and a little black in it. It's the one I'm using to show how to do the pattern. I'm ALMOST done!  

  6. # Blogger Dave Robertson

    Hey, I know a little Portuguese, maybe I can figure out what the original says...

    Dave
    (@Rings_Things on Twitter)
     

  7. # Blogger Dave Robertson

    Aha, here's my quick try at translating the Portuguese (just the directions, not the chitchat):

    "Tips: Double yarn (Bella brand) and 7mm needle, first row with 32 points, increase to 28 points each side, 24 lines with no increase, start to decrease again, to the end of the folds (gathers?) you’ll have 24 points, lift (?) with 70 chain stitches."

    I wasn't familiar with all of the vocabulary, hope this makes sense!

    --Dave
    (@Rings_Things on Twitter)
     

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    love the bag...longing for the translated version. Thx so much for ur hard work!  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Beautiful!! I love that flower!

    Ren
    raghousenternational.etsy.com  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I actually love this RED color :) Your patterns and your site are great! I've been mentioning you in my new blog (www.hookedonkari.wordpress.com)! Thanks for being awesome.  

Post a Comment






Newer›  ‹Older

    Bend Beanies is a Crochet Blog where we can discuss crochet, knitting & fiber arts. We will also offer Free Patterns.

    Our Bend Beanies Etsy Shop offers crochet items for sale, handmade by a mother-daughter team in Bend, Oregon.

    We would like to network with other crafty people!

Web This Blog


View Bend Beanies's profile on LinkedIn

Powered by Blogger




| © 2010 Bend Beanies |